Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Balls


Did I get your attention?

Did you salivate?


I've been hearing that cake balls were all the rage. Have you tried them?

I made these YUMMY, DELICIOUS balls of goodness yesterday.

I decided that I would make these for Madeleine to give her teachers for Valentine's day. I found a cute SCAL file to make a box (I haven't made one yet, that will be another post!) and I thought these would be perfect to put in them.

The strawberry cake balls were a hit! I had to hide them in the freezer under the bags of veggies so no one would find them. That's why you can see some condensation on them. I should have left some out to photograph. Oh well, we live and learn. I'm going to make some more for Valentines day. I'm thinking some more strawberry, maybe some lemon and triple chocolate. The teacher will pass Madeleine on to the next grade with rave reviews!

Hugs,
J

Edited to add- Here is the recipe I used. I used chocolate coating chips from Hobby Lobby. I'm thinking of using some mint chocolate chips with a chocolate cake mix next time. I'm experimenting to find a good combination for Valentine's presents.

4 comments:

  1. I DEFINITELY need this recipe! What kind of chocolate did you use for the coating??

    ReplyDelete
  2. try carrot cake and marble too, those things are sooo rich i can only eat one at a time, why don't you bring some sat so we can taste test just to be sure? lol
    a friend of mine uses Oreo too with cream cheese instead of icing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    I saw your comment on my blog about my kiddos little painting adventure.

    First of all, my condolences on your couch. Permanent marker is such a sad way to go.

    As far as the girls, a little hand sanitizer on a cotton ball will take permanent marker off skin. I like to keep that little "magic eraser for the skin" trick handy at my house.

    Thanks for your comments. And thanks for the cake ball pictures. I'm so making those this weekend - yummy!

    _ Nike
    www.thedirtyhalfdozen.blogspot.com
    www.choosetothrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete