Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thrift Store Love

Hi, I'm Julie, and I'm a thrift store addict.

Yep, I'm admitting my addiction. I love to go rummage around resale shops. I happen to have 2 less than a mile from the house. Dangerous. I love the thrill of finding something that everyone else has overlooked. It's like a treasure hunt.

Yesterday, I happened to have several hours without children. So what did I do with my time? Nap. No. Laundry. David wishes! I hit about 4 resale shops. I found some great treasures this trip.

First up is a darling little hand painted plate that was already in an unusual plate stand. It was only $1.99!

It just called out my name. I am in love! It looks so cute on my mantel alongside one of my antique Jadeite sugar bowls.



You see the empty crystal vase. I'm working on making a moss topiary to go in it. I'll post pictures when I'm done with that project.

I also found a Pfaltzgraf pitcher. It's a creamy white and was just what I was looking for to finish a little vignette I have on my entry table. At $1.75, I couldn't pass it up. I didn't have anything to go in it, so off to Dollar Tree I went. There for $2.00 I got 2 flower bushes. I think it finished off this little area.


What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Julie...you and I are more alike than I thought!! I LOOOOVE thrift stores AND Antiquing. We should really get together sometime! LOL! but really, there's a "junk fair" (as my dad likes to call it) up near La Grange and I definitely think we need to make a trip. It's ACRES of antiques and little craft shops. Its the Warrenton Antique Fair Festival and it starts March 25th till April 4th!!! ROAD TRIP!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. before I read your posting on ur thrift store findings I honestly thought the 2nd pic of the pitcher w/flowers and the bird cage on the platter was a pic for inspiration... then I read it and realized thats what you had put together!! GREAT JOB!! Beautiful decorating and on a budget! thats the BEST kind =)

    ReplyDelete