Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm Baaack!

Whew! It's been a rough several weeks. We've had two rounds of strep in the house, and I had to do 3 rounds of antibiotics before I got well! Needless to say, I haven't gotten much done. EXCEPT....I've been cutting out feathers. Lots and lots of feathers. Pink ones at that! I cut out 246 individual fleece feathers to make the girls' halloween costumes.

They turned out ADORABLE!!! And cheap!!! I had everything in my stash except the pink hoodies.

I've got to thank the genius behind the blog Following Phubie. She posted the directions on how to make this fantastic costume. To make it easier, I glued the feathers in place and then went back and sewed them on. It went really fast and the girls will be able to wear them as jackets this winter.

The girls love their costumes and have been getting all kinds of "Whooooo's and Awe's"

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see how other people's costumes turned out. Boy, you did use a lot of feathers! Looks awesome! Today, I am featuring all the owl costumes pictures that I have received from other people and would love to include yours, too.